Deliver Safer, More Reliable Electrical Performance
Manufacture and specify electrical wire and cable that perform more safely and reliably in demanding appliance, building, industrial equipment, fire alarm, and emergency back-up applications.
Achieve peak electrical performance under conditions that would defeat many electrical protection materials on the market today.
Electrical circuits of all kinds operate more dependably with insulating sleeving, circuit integrity cable, electrical safety cable, and general wire and cable fabricated with proven silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions.
Maximize Cable Integrity and Safety
- Improve fire resistance and flame retardancy
- Protect your wiring from heat, moisture and corrosion
- Reduce exposure to smoke and toxic fumes
Withstand Temperature Extremes
- Increase safety and security
- Resist searing heat and freezing cold
Add Flexibility and Resilience
- Improve manufacturing and installation efficiency
- Make your wire and cable easier to twist and bend
Meet a Wide Range of Global Industry Specifications and Performance Tests
- Let us tailor or custom compound a silicone elastomer that helps you meet your specifications
- Fire resistance and flame retardancy
- Flammability rating
- Low smoke, low toxicity
- High-temperature resistance
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Moisture resistance
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Electrical properties
- Mechanical properties
Get Exactly What You Need
Silicone rubber products from Dow Consumer Solutions can be tailored to specific performance and application requirements and are globally manufactured to consistent quality and performance standards.
- High-quality silicone rubber bases, high consistency rubber compounds and liquid silicone rubbers offered at competitive, market-driven prices
- Customized compounding options that help you save money, time and labor
- Reliability, proven performance and global product availability
- Flexible buying options that let you adjust to changing needs for value, security and convenience
Industry applications for electrical protection solutions from Dow Consumer Solutions
- Fire-resistant wire and cable
- Safety cable
- Specialty cable
- Insulating sleeving
- Electrical circuit integrity cable
- Ignition cables
- General wire and cable
Silicone polymers have inherently good electrical insulating qualities. They are nonconductive because of their chemical nature and, when compounded with the proper tillers and additives, are used to produce rubber for a wide range of electrical insulating applications.
Simple exposure to adverse environments such as heat, cold, moisture, oil, and ozone does not significantly change the electrical properties of SILASTIC™ silicone rubber. Because silicone rubber has excellent resistance to severe environmental stress, its electrical-insulation properties remain unchanged much longer than those of other flexible materials.