Safety Cable and Circuit Integrity
Fire Resistance. Low Smoke, Low Toxicity, Low Corrosivity
Improve the safety and security of your electrical safety and circuit integrity cable under fire.
Keep fire alarms, emergency exit lights, and other life-saving electrical back-up systems operating longer during a fire. Give more people more time to exit a burning building safely.
Fabricate your electrical circuit integrity cable and electrical safety cable with proven silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions custom compounded to your requirements.
Silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions offer a level of temperature resistance and fire resistance that makes them the material of choice for applications where flame resistance, high-temperature performance, low smoke, low toxicity and low corrosivity are critical:
- Electrical circuit integrity cable and safety cable
- Specialty cable
- Fire-resistant wire and fire-resistant cable
Help Safeguard System Performance During a Fire Emergency
Maximize cable integrity and safety
- Improve fire resistance and flame retardancy
- Protect your wiring from heat, moisture and corrosion
- Reduce exposure to smoke and toxic fumes, and corrosive fumes generated by degrading wiring
Withstand temperature extremes
- Increase safety and security
- Withstand temperatures as high as 1,050ºC (1,900ºF) for up to 90 minutes
Add flexibility and resilience
- Improve manufacturing and installation efficiency
- Give your wire and cable the flexibility to wind more easily onto and off the reel
- Facilitate sharp bends when wires and cables are twisted into circuits and fed through building materials and conduits
Meet a wide range of global industry specifications and performance tests
- Fire resistance and flame retardancy
- Flammability rating
- Low smoke, low toxicity
- High-temperature resistance
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Moisture resistance
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Electrical properties
- Mechanical properties
Ensure cable integrity and safety
Insulate. Protect. Resist Fire and Flame.
When you need to keep the electricity flowing, you can depend on the proven insulating and protective power of silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions.
Silicone elastomers have inherently good electrical insulating qualities and are nonconductive by nature. You can use them to:
- Protect electrical wires and cables from a wide range of operating conditions and fire emergency challenges, including searing heat and freezing cold, corrosion, moisture, oil, ozone, and flame
- Improve overall cable integrity and cable safety
- Help safeguard the performance of electrical wires and cables used in conjunction with fire alarms and fire emergency back-up systems
- Reduce exposure to smoke and toxic and corrosive fumes caused by degrading wires in the event of a fire
- Prevent shorts, flashovers, circuit failures, and shutdowns
Because they are so resistant to environmental stress, silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions maintain their insulation properties longer than other materials. This can extend the service life of your electrical wire, cable, circuits, and systems.
Resistance to Fire, Flames, Smoke and Fumes
Silicone elastomers are better able to protect sensitive wires and circuits from heat, fire, and flame than thermal plastics and organic elastomers and can be custom compounded to meet a wide range of fire-resistant cable, flame-resistant cable, low-smoke cable, low-toxicity cable, and low-corrosivity cable requirements.
Get Exactly What You Need
Silicone rubber products from Dow Consumer Solutions can be tailored to specific performance and application requirements and are globally manufactured to consistent quality and performance standards.
- High-quality silicone rubber bases, high consistency rubber compounds and liquid silicone rubbers offered at competitive, market-driven prices
- Customized compounding options that help you save money, time and labor
- Reliability, proven performance and global product availability
- Flexible buying options that let you adjust to changing needs for value, security and convenience