Wire and Cable
Heat Stability. Flexibility. Dielectric Strength. Flame Retardancy.
Offer flexible wire and cable that resists more and performs better.
Wire and cable fabricated with proven silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions perform better in challenging operating environments and demanding applications, such as:
- Industrial motors
- Heat-generating appliances
- General lighting
Silicone elastomers from Dow Consumer Solutions offer a unique combination of benefits organic elastomers cannot match, including:
- Superior dielectric properties
- Resistance to high temperatures, moisture, and oil
- Excellent all-temperature flexibility coupled with good resilience
- The ability to meet international industry standards
Increase the Value of Your Wire and Cable
Withstand temperature extremes
- Retain mechanical properties and resist cracking and degradation over a wide temperature range from -40 to above 200ºC (-40 to 392ºF).
Add flexibility and resilience
- Increase the ability of your wire and cable to bend, conform, and fit.
Meet a wide range of international industry specifications and performance tests
- High-temperature resistance
- Flame retardancy
- Low-smoke, low toxicity
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Moisture resistance
- Mechanical properties
Wire and Cable
SILASTIC™ high-consistency silicone rubber is the right coating for insulated wire and insulated cable such as:
- UL wire
- Power and control cable
- Communication cable
These are demanding applications requiring materials to insulate the electrical or control cables from the environment in which they are situated. SILASTIC silicone rubber is ideal for these uses, because of its high temperature resistance, good dielectrics and fire resistance. (Our high-consistency silicone rubber conforms to Low Smoke and Low Toxicity requirements.) Silicone rubber also offers good abrasion resistance and oil resistance for those applications that demand it.
Wire and safety cables are coated with silicone rubber by using an extrusion process, which has the advantages of fast processing speed and results in a smooth, tact-free surface with no blocking on the reel. Our material can be fed directly into the extruder without requiring any additional preparation.
Get Exactly What You Need
Silicone rubber products from Dow Consumer Solutions can be tailored to specific performance and application requirements and are globally manufactured to consistent quality and performance standards.
- High-quality silicone rubber bases, high-consistency rubber compounds and liquid silicone rubbers offered at competitive, market-driven prices
- Customized compounding options that help you save money, time and labor
- Reliability, proven performance and global product availability
- Flexible buying options that let you adjust to changing needs for value, security and convenience