Power and Utilities
Enhance Power and Utilities for Improved Infrastructure Safety and Security
You can depend on high voltage silicone materials from Dow Consumer Solutions to meet your needs for high voltage composite insulators, high voltage insulator coatings, silicone transformer fluid, underground cable remediation, and materials for cable accessories.
Our proven rubber solutions for Power and Utilities can enhance reliability and reduce power outages in your power system or network.
Dow Consumer Solutions' full range of silicone materials that protect, insulate and extend service give you added design and manufacturing flexibility.
Protect Against Environmental Stresses and Extend Component Service Life
- Prevent shorts and circuit failures in cable-end terminations, splices, connectors and insulators
- Proven performance in coastal and high-contamination areas
- Long-term resistance to atmospheric and chemical degradation
- Outstanding UV resistance compared to other elastomers for the same application
Reduce Grid Power Loss and Maintenance Costs
- Enable reliable high voltage composite insulators
- Reduce transformer failures
- Reduce routine maintenance costs
Extend Hydrophobic Performance, Weatherability and Resistance to the Elements, While Minimizing Tracking and Erosion
- Protect and improve the surface hydrophobicity of glass and porcelain insulators
- Prevent flashovers and power loss
Get Exactly What You Need
Silicone rubber products from Dow Consumer Solutions can be tailored to specific performance and application requirements and are globally manufactured to consistent quality and performance standards.
- High-quality silicone rubber bases, high consistency rubber compounds and liquid silicone rubbers
- Customized compounding options that help you save money, time and labor
- Reliability, proven performance and global product availability
- Flexible buying options that let you adjust to changing needs for value, security and convenience
Silicone composite insulators minimize flashovers caused by harsh environments and industrial pollution. Flashovers are a major cause of power outages.
Coating existing glass and ceramic insulators with high-voltage insulator silicone coating reduces the risk of flashovers. It also reduces routine maintenance costs.
Silicone fluids are used to repair failed underground power cables in place without the costly and time-consuming process of digging them up.
Silicone fluids cool and insulate electrical transformers. They also make them safer and more fire resistant.
Power Station Maintenance
Silicones lubricate circuit breakers and insulate electrical coils in motors. They also protect electronic controls, further contributing to trouble-free power station operations.