Electrically Insulating Materials
Silicones in Energy Transmission
Silicone rubbers can provide resiliency to environmental contaminants, physical stresses, and vandalism, and are the material of choice for high-voltage insulators.
Why Choose XIAMETER™ Silicones for Energy Transmission?
- Extend service life – silicones remain hydrophobic, resisting water long after other materials fail
- Improve reliability – resilient silicone rubber stands up to environmental conditions, physical stresses, and vandalism
- Are easy to install – pre-molded, assembly-free cable end termination
- Reduce total system costs – including raw material costs
- Improve arc – track resistance
- Increase security, reduce fire and explosion risk – Extremely stable, UL classified as "less flammable"
- Improve fire safety – Lower heat release rate, lower smoke generation, and lower toxicity of combustion byproducts than other transformer oils
- Reduce power outages – Thermal stability and oxidation resistance provide long life and low maintenance
- Meet electrical codes – Meets US electrical code requirements, indoors and out, as well as various IEC requirements
- Superior arcing and flashover protection
- Reduced leakage currents ensured by long-term hydrophobicity
- Extended maintenance intervals for ceramic, porcelain, or glass insulators
- Minimized equipment problems and failures
|High-Voltage Insulators||XIAMETER™ silicone rubber elastomers increase service life, reduce power outages, and make installation easy.|
|Transformer Fluids||XIAMETER™ PMX-561 Silicone Transformer Liquid, specifically engineered and thoroughly tested for use in electrical power systems, is among the least hazardous of all known engineering materials, making it an excellent alternative to organic transformer oil.|
|High-Voltage Insulator Coatings||Insulator contamination, from salt spray, industrial pollutants, and even desert sand, can lead to costly power interruptions due to arcing and flashover and lead to frequent maintenance issues. With proven XIAMETER™ High Voltage Insulator Coatings from Dow Consumer Solutions, your high voltage infrastructure can benefit.|
|Wire and Cable Accessories||Proven XIAMETER liquid silicone rubber elastomers allow you to construct high voltage distribution materials such as cable end terminations, cold-shrink splices, and terminations, adapters, and connectors that extend service life, reduce costs and are easy to install.|