RTV Liquid-Foam Elastomers
Silicone Rubber Foams Provide Options for Industrial Seals
Explore the advantages of RTV Liquid-foam elastomers for industrial sealing from Dow consumer solutions, insulating and NVH-control applications
You want to bring new products to market quicker with higher reliability, as well as open new possibilities for performance in the field. Dow Consumer Solutions RTV liquid foams can help. These unique, two-part silicone rubber materials can speed production of foam-in-place, integrated compression gaskets. They can also go to work as thermally stable encapsulating and NVH-control solutions for equipment operating in extreme conditions.
With a one-to-one mix ratio of the two-part foams, the materials are well suited for use in high-efficiency, robotic-sealing applications. Quick room-temperature curing or optional heat-curing helps boost productivity in encapsulating and insulating applications.
Think about these key application advantages:
- Good adhesion to metals and some engineering plastics with use of a primer
- Resistance to water, detergents and other harsh fluids
- Reliability exposed to temperature extremes, weather, salt water and more
- Good resistance to compression set, hardening, cracking and aging
Two-part silicone sealants foams from Dow Consumer Solutions are designed to be robotically dispensed and cured directly on parts to form an integrated compression gasket. Benefits of silicone foam include:
- Low to medium hardness, two part system with reduced flow
- User friendly with easy to handle 1:1 mix ratio
- Fast ambient cure means no need for temporary storage of equipped parts
- Low compression set which is retained at high service temperatures which are stable and flexible over a wide temperature range
In situ robotic dispensing of compression seals uses dispensed silicone foam. The robot follows the contour of the component and applies precisely metered bead directly onto sealing surface. After a short time at a low temperature, the dispensed silicone foam expands and cures.