The Smart Choice for Leather and Textiles
From protecting leathers against moisture or abrasion, to reducing foam in production, to helping fashion textiles stay crisp and wrinkle-resistant, proven silicone technologies help meet the needs of diverse consumer and industrial markets:
- Silicones for treating natural and synthetic leather keep leather soft and supple, modifying the touch, add water repellency, boost rub and abrasion resistance, and much more.
- With silicone-based performance enhancers, process aids and technical support from Dow Consumer Solutions, you can add unique moisture-management, wrinkle-free, stretch and recovery properties to consumer fabrics and textiles.
- Used in everything from airbag coatings to general industrial protective coatings, our solutions for technical textiles and engineered fabrics add unique protection and performance properties—including fire resistance, water repellency and abrasion resistance.
- In non-woven textiles, our silicone chemistry brings unique property benefits that enhance the value and performance via topical finishes, polymer melt additives and binder additives.
- Finally, our silicone textile printing inks meet the needs of both the branded apparel manufacturer and the screen printer alike.
Enhancing Products from Automotive Seats to Fashion Textiles
In practically every market for leather and textiles, manufacturers trust Dow Consumer Solutions silicones to meet their highly specialized performance needs. Check out some of our key areas below.
Choose from Our Full Range of Solutions
Rely on Dow Consumer Solutions for the broadest range of silicone technologies for leather and textiles – plus the consultative support and expertise you need to utilize them in your processes.
Sign up for Leather and Textiles email updates
New products, news, events and more delivered to your inbox. Privacy