Lamp, Light Modules and Luminaires
Silicone Materials Solutions for Next-Generation LED Lamp, Luminaire and Automotive Lighting
Let Us Help You Achieve Your Vision
Modern LED technologies have opened whole new avenues for lighting designers and architects, and silicon-based solutions from Dow Consumer Solutions are a key part of this lighting revolution. Count on us to add more performance and value to nearly every aspect of your next-generation lamps and luminaires. Go inside a lamp and luminaire to see where our silicone materials can help meet the needs of your LED lighting applications, view the product guide, or read on to learn more.
Secondary Optics for LED Lighting
Optics are one of the most important components of a lighting system. Design, efficiency and reliability can all be defined by the optical system. The properties of silicone can enhance optics for many applications, including:
- Automotive lighting
- Professional lighting
- Consumer lighting
- Medical devices
- Consumer products
Optics made with our silicones can mold into complex shapes, thicker and bigger parts and undercuts, enabling applications to support, among others, human-centric lighting. To inspire these next-generation breakthroughs, we are equipped to work closely with you early in the design phase, connecting you to our network of molding and optical experts to help you develop the best solutions.
Learn More About Our Key Products for Next-Generation Optics:
Optical moldable materials – Deliver good UV resistance, minimize yellowing, resist scratching, mix easily with additives, mold into complex shapes, reduce cycle times and system costs, manage increasingly high temperatures.
White reflective materials – Enable high reflection, allow systems to run at high temperatures without compromising efficiency, and add flexibility with moldable materials.
Here are just some of the ways you can use our optical moldable materials in your application:
- Transparent lenses/total internal reflection (TIR) optics – Highly transparent moldable silicones in different hardness ranges with excellent resistance to heat and lumen intensity
- Light diffusers – Silicone's flexible properties can help maintain efficiency and diffuse light by balancing high temperature, UV resistance, and high lumen density, with detailed surface finishing in the mold
- Light guides/light pipes – Silicone properties can allow higher efficiency guides, variety of thickness and flexibility
Protection and Assembly
Dow Consumer Solutions materials address the key performance issues that challenge lamp and luminaire design.
Learn more about our product lines for protection and assembly:
- Adhesives and sealants – offer excellent long-life adhesion for assembling components tightly and securely.
- Conformal coatings – ensure durable resistance to chemical, environmental and moisture contamination.
- Pottants – protect LED drivers from moisture and dust while dissipating damaging heat and absorbing component noise.
- Thermally conductive adhesives, greases and dispensable pads – manage heat of high-brightness LEDs and assemblies.
Dow Consumer Solutions LED Innovation Ecosystem for LED Applications
Our LED lamp and luminaire customers gain the support of the Dow Consumer Solutions LED Innovation Ecosystem.
Extending from Europe to Asia to the Americas, this broad and growing global network spans the entire LED value chain. It encompasses dozens of optical and LED component designers and manufacturers, enabling customers to leverage the power of industry-leading silicone technology and navigate their LED lamp and luminaire concept from design, to prototyping to manufacturing – quickly and cost-effectively.
Dow Consumer Solutions' advanced materials technology and expertise combined with our LED Innovation Ecosystem offers you a true total solutions package to advance and enhance your applications with services, such as:
- Material development
- Analytical testing
- Optical design
- Application development
- In-house molding expertise and equipment
In addition to all this, Dow Consumer Solutions customers also gain the support of our extensive global network of equipment manufacturers, distributors and specialty re-packagers. Together, this broad array of internal resources and external relationships offers the LED industry one of the most comprehensive sources for advanced materials solutions.
Find out how Dow Consumer Solutions can help you break through design and manufacturing barriers to become more competitive, innovative and successful in your target markets. It is as easy as contacting your Dow Consumer Solutions representative.
Silicone Products for LED Streetlights
Discover where in LED streetlights silicones can be used.
- Discover the Unprecedented Design Freedom Offered by Silicone Optics