Optical Materials for Lamp, Light Modules and Luminaires
Silicon-Based Technologies to Enhance LED Lighting
Bring More Light to Any Design
Moldable optical silicones deliver a high level of design freedom in challenging applications such as automotive, general, professional and consumer lighting and outdoor displays. Benefits include:
- Long-term performance of lighting designs beyond the capability of traditional optical materials like PC and PMMA.
- Excellent optical properties, and more resistant to impact damage and degradation from UV, heat and environmental extremes.
- Higher lumen density stability over time.
- More complex designs — often while simplifying the manufacturing process and reduce costs.
White reflective coatings from Dow Consumer Solutions allow you more design freedom versus traditional materials. These reflective coatings:
- Enhance light output and efficiency in reflectors, lightboxes, mixing chambers, backlight units and other surfaces, offering high resistance to environmental aging.
- Protect from humidity, moisture and thermal stress and excellent insulation against high voltages and short circuits.
- Minimize processing costs by eliminating the need for special storage, handling and ventilation.
Secondary optics encapsulants are transparent materials to dispense into LED assemblies such as architectural and landscape lighting, light bars and strips. They deliver:
- Reliable, long-lasting protection of sensitive LED electronics in environments containing moisture
- Higher photothermal stability vs. epoxies and other organic solutions, which supports the industry trend toward brighter, hotter LED lighting designs.
- Rapid and versatile cure processing controlled by temperature
Innovation is the driving force behind today’s brighter LED products, with silicones and silicon-based technology lighting the way to even brighter possibilities. A proven innovator for more than 70 years, Dow Consumer Solutions can help your team take advantage of the new possibilities of brighter, longer-lasting, more cost-effective LEDs.