Dow Consumer Solutions siloxane powders can:
- Significantly reduce friction
- Increase the lubricity of molded plastics
- Increase the mar and scratch resistance of molded-in-color PCB systems components
Dow Consumer Solutions products also serve as processing aids:
- Improve mold flow to permit the production of thin-wall housings for small PCB systems components
- Increase fire retardance of housings and components used in PCB systems components
Designers of components and formulators of materials used within the telecommunications and PCB systems industries use siloxane powders for a number of diverse applications. A typical application includes fiber optic ducts, power switches, gears that must function with little or no external lubrication. In such applications, the ultra-high molecular weight polymers improve lubricity and slip, reducing the coefficient of friction in the gear assembly.