Elastomers - Rubber
Leading in Silicone Rubber for Industrial and Consumer Applications
As the world's leading producer of silicone rubber, Dow Consumer Solutions is a reliable source of supply for a full range of trusted, silicone-based materials offering a unique combination of properties that organic elastomers cannot match.
Typical Advantages of Silicone Rubbers
- Long service life in adverse environments
- Minimally affected by weather extremes such as rain, snow, humidity, ozone or damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays
- Flexible and resilient across a wide temperature range
- Excellent electrical insulating qualities that do not change significantly under severe environmental stress
- Enhanced comfort and feel of consumer goods
- Excellent sealing performance
- Inertness, which makes them ideal for many food-contact options
- A wide hardness range from 10 to 80 Shore A
- A wide range of color choices from transparent to brightly colored
- Excellent resistance to a wide range of fluids and chemicals
- Noise and vibration control
- Water repellency
Silicone Rubber Typical Applications
Achieve greater design flexibility with our industry-leading fluorosilicone rubber (FSR) portfolio. These products help automakers extend the life and performance of components such as turbocharger hose liners, seals and gaskets, diaphragms, membranes and flexible valves.
Rubber for Electrical Insulation
Silicone Rubbers can provide resiliency to environmental contaminants and physical stresses, reliability, and are the material of choice for high voltage insulators.
Rubber for Imaging Equipment
Highly competitive global markets for high-performance imaging equipment, quality, reliability and durability drive success. We have the proven silicone engineered elastomers you need.
Rubber for Consumer Goods
Silicone rubber is used in a wide variety of consumer goods applications including infant care, keypads, sports and leisure products.
- Screen Printing Materials for Leather and Textiles
- Fabric Coatings
- Pre-Formed Silicones for Construction
XIAMETER™ moldmaking silicone rubbers can create tough-but-flexible molds to reproduce intricate details and deliver high-quality replicas. Each XIAMETER moldmaking product consists of two components: a liquid silicone rubber base and a catalyst or curing agent.