Dow Showcases Advanced Materials for Electronics at Electronica China 2019
Global leader in silicone technologies highlights solutions for thermal management and optimal performance along with materials for EMI shielding and 5G networks
Dow, a global leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, is showcasing here at Electronica China 2019, its growing family of advanced material solutions for the electronics industry and announcing its entry into the electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding market. At its booth (#E5-5306), the company is spotlighting new and recently launched material innovations in device assembly and thermal management and sharing an interactive display that explains how Dow’s products support the development of 5G networks. Dow is also demonstrating how its innovative materials help support new designs for smartphones and smart lamps.
“Dow offers one of the broadest and most robust portfolios of silicones and silicone-based solutions for adhesion, thermal management and optical performance on the market today and demand for these technologies is accelerating,” said David Chen, commercial manager, Greater China, Dow. “With the rapid growth of 5G networks, mobile technology and connected devices in transportation and in other segments, we are committed to delivering to our customers the advanced materials they need to succeed. Evidence of this is Dow’s entry into the EMI shielding market with electrically-conductive silicones and the company’s continuous launches of new cutting-edge silicone technologies for next-generation applications. Our dedication to these sectors, our customers and the electronics industry is unyielding.”
In the electronics industry, protection against electromagnetic pollution is a growing concern for designers of printed circuit board (PCB) architectures and assemblies. Smaller footprints, higher-density packaging, and a growing number of connected devices are increasing the risk of electromagnetic pollution at a time when 5G networks are raising the amount and rate of data transfers. Dow’s advanced and innovative solutions can help designers overcome these and other challenges.
Among Dow’s broad range of silicone-based technologies on display at Electronica China 2019, the company will spotlight two recent innovations:
- DOWSIL™ SE 9160 Adhesives deliver fast, flexible processing options for the assembly of consumer devices and displays. These silicone adhesives bond well to most substrates, deliver excellent reworkability with no residue, and enable cure-in-place-gaskets (CIPG) that offer effective seals that are compatible with IPX7-rated water resistance.
- DOWSIL™ TC-3015 Thermal Gel enhances the production and performance of high-performing processing and control units. This superb thermal management material offers streamlined processing options for smartphones and other assemblies. DOWSIL™ TC-3015 Thermal Gel can be peeled off easily, completely, and without residue during the rework process.
Dow is also launching here at Electronica 2019 three new advanced silicone-based materials for the electronics and lighting industries. They are:
- DOWSIL™ EA-4700 CV Adhesive– supports faster curing for increased throughput and bonds at room temperature to traditional metals and plastics used in electronic assembly.
- DOWSIL™ EG-4XXX Dielectric Gels– family of heat-resistant gels offering a range of hardnesses for the protective encapsulation of sensitive components within SiC and GaN power modules, on printed circuit boards and in industrial sensors and actuators.
- DOWSIL™ EI-2888 Primerless Silicone Encapsulant– an optically-clear silicone for professional LED luminaires that cures at room temperature and offers protection in harsh environments.
At its booth, Dow is showcasing an interactive wall of 5G communication solutions that guides visitors to the right material solutions. Engineers and designers can learn how Dow’s products are applied and used in the development of 5G technologies. Dow is also dismantling a smartphone and a smart lamp from a car to demonstrate how the company’s materials solve thermal management challenges and offer adhesion and optical performance.
Dow’s portfolio of silicone technologies for the electronics industry is available worldwide.
About Dow Performance Silicones
Dow Performance Silicones, a business unit of Dow, delivers a portfolio of performance-enhancing solutions to serve the diverse needs of customers and industries around the world. The business uses innovative silicon-based technology to provide solutions and ingredients to customers in commercial construction and high-performance building, consumer goods, silicone elastomers, and pressure sensitive industries. As a global leader in innovation and silicone technology, we are committed to bringing new and proven solutions to the market that do more for our customers and continue to improve the lives of consumers worldwide. Visit consumer.dow.com to learn more.
Dow combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow’s market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at dow.com.
For further information contact:
AH&M Marketing Communications
+1.413.448.2260, Ext. 200